Medical Device Components
How do we serve the healthcare and medical sector?
The rapid adoption of medical devices across hospitals and surgical centres is driving the global market. The current high growth is driven by the aging population, the rising prevalence of chronic disorders, the demand for preventive healthcare and the expansion of healthcare infrastructure, especially in emerging nations.
That’s where we can help. Our technical expertise and distribution capability allows us to serve in excess of 3,000 manufacturers in the medical sector.
Talk to one of our experts today
We are particularly proud to supply and support the VentilatorChallengeUK Consortium, supplying vital parts to ventilator manufacturers in the UK.
No matter what stage your product is at, whether you’re refining your design or prototyping, our expert advice, extensive range, consistent quality and custom solutions can make all the difference.
Our solutions for medical devices and healthcare equipment
Health care providers use medical devices to diagnose and treat patients and improve patients' quality of life by helping them overcome sickness or disease. Due to the inherent risks when using a device for medical purposes regulating governments conduct thorough testing to ensure the safety and effectiveness before allowing the device to be manufactured.
The FDA's definition includes any “instrument, apparatus, implement, machine, contrivance, implant, in vitro reagent, or another similar or related article, including a component part or accessory” that’s recognised as a pharmaceutical or supplement, intended as diagnoses, cure, or preventive treatment of a disease.
Our broad product portfolio provides solutions for many industries and can be applied in healthcare and lifesaving equipment such as:
- Breathing and respiratory equipment such as ventilators
- Ventilation canopies for operating theatres, aseptic suites & containment labs
- Personal protection and care equipment such as visors and electronically adjustable hospital beds
- Diagnostic imaging equipment such as X-ray and Ultrasound equipment, Magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) machines and Computed tomography (CT) scanners.
- Cardiovascular devices such as defibrillators
- Ophthalmic devices that monitor and detect vision issues
The Essentra Components range addresses many issues found in these devices:
- Anti-corrosion stainless steel components for cleanliness and durability
- Castors with non-marking rubber tires, with good resistance to corrosion, rust, chemicals, greases, oils, and chlorides
- Ferrites sleeves used as suppression cores attenuate any form of EMI emission to protect electrical components and prevent interference
- Swing handles and locks provide high strength security and an ergonomic finish
- Gasketing ensures dust and watertight seals to maintain hygiene and to reduce radiated emissions
- PEEK fasteners suitable for High number sterilization cycles
- Hose & Tubing Clamps for a cost-efficient way of securing pipes and hoses