Essentra believes in careful stewardship of the environment in which it operates and embodies this philosophy in its corporate business strategy. By understanding its environmental aspects and its energy performance the Company is committed to reducing its environmental impact as part of its strategic planning through a process of continual improvement, which shall include:
- Wherever possible using environmentally safe and sustainable resources and manufacturing products from recycled or recyclable materials.
- Maximising resource usage and minimising the creation of waste.
- Educating, training and motivating its employees so that they are aware of the potential impact of their actions on the environment and energy performance and understand their role in helping reduce the environmental impact of the business.
- Managing the environmental impacts, particularly the prevention of pollution, as an integral part of the Company’s accredited environmental management system. The setting of objectives with quantifiable targets to reduce emissions, discharges and waste is a key element of the system.
- Promoting its environmental and energy management policies to all its suppliers, hauliers and others working for or on behalf of the organisation, expecting that they will adopt both a responsible and pro-active approach to environmental concerns.
- Actively engaging with customers, employees and suppliers to exploit opportunities offered by new technologies and improved process operations to further reduce environmental impact.
- Reviewing its energy and water usage and, where necessary, investing in the appropriate technology for conservation and improved efficiency.
- Ensuring compliance with all relevant environmental legislation, regulations and other requirements to which the company subscribes, which relate to its environmental aspects.
This Policy and its effectiveness will be reviewed periodically and revised to reflect changing conditions. The Policy shall also be made available to all interested parties, including the general public, who may be affected by or contribute towards the Company’s environmental impacts.